Thursday, July 11, 2013

Just call me Mr. Fix it.

I have been at goal now for a few months and I am very encouraged in that I have been able to stop the weight loss by eating more calories per day. I am still doing the same exercise as before with the same amount of intensity but my bike riding has had to take a little back seat in that I have so many things to do around the house that just can’t put off any longer.

This is one of the best things about losing the weight. For the past few years I have noticed things around the house that needed to be done, but I ignored them because with the amount I weighted I just could not work that hard without the feeling I was going to die, and who knows if I had tried that hard maybe I would have.

Now I have the energy and physical ability to do these things. But even if my mind tells me I can do them and while I am doing these tasks I feel just fine, I do not sweat like I used to and my heart doesn't race and I do not feel sick like I did, but after I am done working my body does tell me, “hey your brain my think you are 50 years old, but your body knows you are 71”. For the next day or two I am stiff and sore, but I have a big smile on my face because I am getting things done around here.

Now the only limitations I have is the money to pay for supplies to fix things and the time, so I don't over stress myself. I have a list and hope that over the next few years I will be able to get the old place fixed up the way I want it. Before WLS there would have been no way and my only hope would be that I passed away before the house fell down around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment