Monday, June 3, 2013

Time Marches On

Well I have not posted for awhile, like a lot of others who blog, I am using the excuse that I have been very busy with other things. Well it is true. Now that I am able to do work around the house without feeling like I am about to die, I can get some of the things around the house and yard that have been slipping over the past couple of years. So that and other family stuff have kept me busy.

My yearly checkup with my surgeon went well and I am now formally graduated to the status of post surgery and do not have to go back for a checkup for a year. All lab tests are great and they don’t feel I need to make any changes in anything. They did say I should up my calories and to do my best not to lose any more weight. I have upped my calories per day and hope that does it. I never in my life thought I would have any doctor tell me to eat more. What a change.

As many may know, we are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary this month on the 21st. We plan on going to England sometime this summer to mark that great event for us and to have fun in a place we both have always wanted to go. To get ready we need to get a few things for the trip especially a few new things to wear over there. I needed a new pair of jeans. The size 34 are kind of baggy in the butt area so as a lark I tried on a pair of 32 and could you believe it, the fit just great. 32s for crying out laud, I have not been that small from the time I was in high school even Jr. high.

The only thing that I am going to have to work on besides not losing anymore weight is that lately I have been upchucking acid when I am sleeping and almost chocking on it. I have started taking antacid pills before I go to bed, but I am going to check with my doctor to see if I need to do anything else.


That is it for now, I am going back to catching up on all the things I still need to do around the house. What a good feeling to know I have the energy to actually work and get things done. I love my WLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment