Sunday, May 19, 2013

Yearly Exam


Well next week I have to have my yearly blood tests and go see my WLS surgery team. Hard to believe it has been a year now. I am feeling very good about it all. I am still losing weight, but I think I have it under control.

Yesterday Jackie had a big shin dig at church and I helped her and the others get thing set up and cleaned up afterwards. The work was Friday night and Saturday most of the day. Today, I didn't even go to church as my body was just to tired to sit there during the serves so I stayed home and recovered.

However I was able to work both days and kept up with other men 10 to 15 years younger than me and out worked many who were much younger. While I was working I felt strong, not like it would have been a year ago. Then I would have had to stop and take a break ever 10 minutes or so and I would have been sick a week after the event. That is so great to me to know I can do things like this and not kill myself.  

Some people there who had not seen me for awhile came up to me and said. Larry I am sorry I had to ask someone  who that was, I did not recognize you after all these years. You are looking fantastic. Comments like that make me feel great of course, but really I just hope everyone just forgets about the old fat Larry and gets to know me now as I intend to be for the rest of my life.

Jackie says I look, walk and act like my grandfather George. Well that would not be bad as he was almost 100 when he died and he was sickness free for the most part of his life and enjoyed doing all kinds of activities until just be for he died. It would be nice to walk down the path with Jackie for a lot longer time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment