Thursday, July 26, 2012

Doldrums

I have been in the doldrums lately. From the time we got back from vacation, things have been kind of slow as far as what we are doing here and my weight loss in general. Only lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks. I know sometimes things slow down or stall, but it does get kind of discouraging. I look at other people and they have lost more than me in the same time I have had surgery, but in most of the cases they were much heavier than I was to start. It is silly to look at someone who is over 400lbs and think I can lose as much weight as a person like that can. Jackie has always been upset when we tried to lose weight together. As little as she is, she may lose a half a pound while I lose 4 or 5 in a week, but percentage wise, she may have lost more. I know I am getting smaller. When I started this journey, I wore a size 54 pants. Yesterday I got a pair of Wrangler Black jeans that I like that I had been saving for when I get skinny. Well I put them on and they fit just fine, not even tight. They were size 38. 38 my goodness it has been a long time since I was able to get into pants that small. That is 16 inches less than what I was when I started. I also know I am in much better health. I can walk now, and work around the house without being out of breath. I have a lot more energy and actually look for things to do. So far the surgery has been well worth the effort, but please don’t say this is the easy way out. It is very hard in many ways and still would not recommend it for anyone unless it is their last chance. It was for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment