Monday, June 18, 2012

Wind Beneath My Wings

Forty nine years ago on the 21st, this beautiful gal pictured here became my wife. Like the old song says..”If you want to see what true love looks like, look at us”. We met when we were just kids. I was in my first year of college and she was a senior in high school. When we met I had been going with other girls, but it was like a shot in the head when I saw her. I loved her even before I talked to her. She says the same about me. Our eyes met and we just knew we loved each other. Yes love at first sight does happen. Two years after that, we were married and have been in love with each other every day of our lives.

She supports me and has my back in everything I have done in my life. We started off very poor, living in an old chicken coop. Money and things did not matter we had each other and were, and are still very happy.

I read about some people here who seem to have bad relationships and for that I am very sorry. In our day there was no trial period, no learners permit (living with each other), I loved her enough to commit my life to her unquantified. She did the same to me. I could never leave her anymore than cut my right arm off. Everyone who knows us, knows we are joined at the hip. We seldom go anywhere without each other. We are both happiest when we are together.

Now one last thing I want to say to you my friends. We have been married a long time. Next year will be 50 years. We very seldom have a fight or even a serious argument, but if we do this is what I think people should do. Go over to your mate, ask to hold them in your arms even if they are mad and you are mad. Look them in the eye and say. “Honey I love you and I am so sorry”. It does not hurt, and you can do it as many times as you want.     The wind beneath my wings

No comments:

Post a Comment