Thursday, June 7, 2012

Meeting with my NUT


Had another meeting with my NUT yesterday. She is pleased with my food choices and feels I am ready to go to the next stage. I thought it was going to be regular food, but no it is soft food. No it is not Puree food as I am having now but other foods that are easier on my new, still healing pouch. I was kind of disappointed, but there are a lot of good things I can have and I will be able to chew some for a change. I have several cookbooks and am looking forward to trying some of the recipes in them.

We talked about my constipation problem and she feels I need to cut back on my calcium a little. I was taking 2000 mg a day and she thinks I should not take more than 1500. She also wants me to get and use some probiotics that will help me. I am still to stay in the 500 to 600 calorie range with 4 ounces at each meal.

I had been having troubles at night when I put on my APAP machine. Before the surgery I loved it and it gave me a better sleep. From the surgery on first I did not use it because of the UTI had me up ever few minutes going to the bathroom and when that was over, every night when I tried to use it, I got a little sick to my stomach and thaought it was causing the problem somehow. I found that it was not the APAP but the medications I was taking just before sleep that caused the nausea. So I changed the time I take the medications and all is well. I have a meeting with Pulmonary doctor tomorrow and we will talk about that for sure.

Things are still going along quite well, but today I have developed a pain in my lower right area and it kind of feels like a kidney pain, but maybe something else. I will keep and eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment