Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lesson Learned



I have got to be more careful and pay more attention to what I eat. I am now on the soft food stage. I wanted to try some new things from some of my cookbooks. I decided this morning to try a cereal made out of shredded wheat and pumpkin spice. It was fine but not that filling. I was getting ready to go swimming and all of a sudden I got the somewhat familiar feeling that I was going to pass out. Called my wife, took my blood level and it was 52. I was going hypoglycemic. I got some juice down and ate some cottage cheese. Slowly my blood went back up to where it should be. I still feel like someone kicked the crap out of me, but I am getting better. Have to remember that I must have protein each meal. Without that the little bit of insulin I take will drive my blood way to low and I will have a problem. Lesson learned the hard way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment