Saturday, December 14, 2013

Getting ready for Christmas

Well the Thanksgiving holiday is over now on to Christmas. Everything went real well at our dinner here at our home, at least nobody complained. I was able to eat a little more this year than I did last year, but still not what anyone would call a normal meal for a person. Very small portions and no seconds on anything.

I did not gain any weight but I did not lose either and that is my goal. I am at the weight I want to stay at. Between 161 and 164.

We have some of the food bought for the Christmas dinner but not all of it. We figured out what the food and other things cost for Thanksgiving and it was about $250.00. Kind of hit on the old budget but it was worth it to us to have our family here with the exception of those who live too far away.

Christmas shopping and such is taking a lot of our time these days. I am buying most of Jackie’s presents on line. I can not tell you what I got her here because she reads this blog and I do not want to spoil it for her. I know what she got me, and I will talk about it after Christmas. It was something technical and she could not have ordered it without my help. So it is here but Santa will not let me open the box until after Christmas. Most of Jackie’s presents are here but one and I am having a dickens of a time getting that one. The first place I ordered it on line I think was a scam. They were supposed to send me a update when it was shipped but nothing has been forwarded to me about the status. All they will say is that it will take 10 to 14 work days before it shows up. Next Thursday will be 14 days and if I don’t have it I am going to see if I can get the charges back from my credit card company and PayPal. In all the years of getting stuff on line I have never had the problem I am having now. If I don’t get it I will tell you the name of the online company so you can avoid it in the future. Just in case I ordered the same product from a more reputable company and it is scheduled to be here this coming Monday so Jackie will get what I ordered and I may have to send one back.


That is about it from here, except I am sick. Like a very bad cold or flu. Hope I feel better soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment