Saturday, November 3, 2012

6th Month Status Report


May 9th will be 6 months from the time I had my weight loss surgery. Quite a few changes have happened to me, but most profound is that I am now down in weight more than 112 lbs. I feel so much better and can do so many things now that I thought before surgery were gone forever. I no longer need to take diabetic medications and most of the rest of the medications I used to take for other problems I was having. My legs, and feet are so much better and even my knee that needs surgery to fix is not that bad most days and I think I can put the surgery off for some time in the future. I have included here a picture of me now and a picture of what I looked like in 2005. Now consider that I had lost some weight before the 2005 photo was taken. I am about 325 lbs. in that photo, but had been over 375 lbs before. I could not tell you exactly how much I weighed because my scale would not go that far and I avoided getting weighed at the doctors office. 

I am so glad I had the surgery and so far there have been no complications and the surgery was a breeze with little pain or sickness at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment