Monday, October 1, 2012

Meet My Second Goal!!!!


Well today, I finally met my second goal. The first was to actually have weight loss surgery. This goal is to have lost 100 pounds. This morning I have lost over 102 pounds. I weigh now not every day or even every week, but every other week. 

My weight loss is starting to slow down now and I had expected that to happen. I have only been at this for almost 5 months now and should continue to lose weight pretty regularly for at least a year, so I feel I can meet my next goals. My next goal is to be at a BMI of under 30 which would mean that I am not obese anymore just overweight. Of course my finally goal is to have a BMI in the normal range. My far off goal that I may never meet is to weigh 165 pounds or less than I weighed when I got married and about what I weighed when I graduated from high school. 

I have been very slowly adding some small amounts of other things to my daily diet. Like in the morning I have a little bit, just a bite of a vegetable and maybe a pinch of some fruit. I make these things for Jackie and have a spoonful of that stuff with my normal eggs and bacon. I am doing well now and finding that I am able to eat just fine with no problems and I am slowly migrating to what I think will be a life long meal standard that I can feel comfortable with. 

Today I am very happy with myself and proud of what I have done so far. Last Saturday night I was helping Jackie at a women’s church function and many of the women there came up to me and said, boy you are skinny and looking good. That made me feel very good about myself. But I know I have a long way to go. Some are even starting to say, you have lost enough now, you are getting too thin. I don’t think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment