Wednesday, August 22, 2012

After 10 years on Meds


Yesterday after meeting with my PCP and going over my blood tests we have determined that I no long have to take any meds for diabetes. I have had the disease for over 10 years the last 3 or so I have been taking insulin shots. I was maxed out on Metformin and another oral medication whose name I can not remember. I was up to 94 units of insulin each day. Now I can put the needles and insulin away and I am thankful for that. I feel that without WLS I was looking at death soon. Many times my blood counts would go over 300..Not good. Thank God I had the surgery available to me and if you are a diabetic there is hope. I am very happy but know if I don’t watch myself it can come back. I must still stick my finger regularly to make sure all is well.  I will do my best to make sure diabetes does not take over my life again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment