Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You got to be Assertive


Published
on April 6, 2012 5:19 pm 


My NUT has me on a diet getting ready for my RNY on May 9th. As I started to lose weight, 24lbs so far, I got a familiar pain under my right shoulder blade. I went to my PCP and told her from what I know I suspect that I may be having gal bladder problems. She said no based on my blood tests my gal bladder was find and they would not want to take out a good bladder. I said well I damn well wanted to know for sure as I would be mad as hell if I have the RNY and find out my gall bladder is bad then have to have another operation. I demanded that they give me an ultrasound scan to make sure. Guess what......She just called as sure enough I have gall stones. They are going to send the results to my surgeon and I suspect that they will take it out at the same time. So in the current health care environment you got to look out for yourself. I am not ragging on my PCP she is very good, but I have been in my body longer than her and I am primarily responsible for my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment