Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Beginning

March 31, 2012
I have always felt this type of surgery will work for me. I am not one who eats candy, pastries, chips or a lot of junk food on a regular basis. It is usually cake and ice cream on birthdays and such a couple times a year. But I eat like I am feeding an army on what would be considered good foods. Even too much of a good thing can cause big problems.
This was me at about 293
just before I started my
diet. I will post an after
photo when I am at goal.
I had asked my doctors and insurance company many times about having the surgery but years ago it was risky and the insurance company would not pay for it either so I pretty much just forgot about it. That is until a friend who I worked out with me told me he was scheduled for the surgery and that Medicare would now pay for it, if you had the right qualifying conditions that were not under control by medical management. I had more than one and and to make a long process story sort. I was approve took all the test, attended the classes and support groups and am currently waiting for my Pre-OP meeting with my surgeon Dr. Landers. The surgery is scheduled for May 9th 2012. I will blog more after that meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment