Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy Thin New Year

Well I made it through Christmas and New Years without gaining much weight. I think I am up about 4 pounds but will be taking that off soon. This year I could eat much more than last year, but still not what I used to eat like.

Because of the surgery, my stomach (now called pouch) is much smaller than most peoples stomachs, and last year I will still recovering from surgery so it was hard to eat more than a small amount of food at one time. This year I could eat more but was satisfied much sooner.

But I did not deprive myself of any of the holiday things that make life fun. We even baked a few cookies but have most of them to the grandkids an folks we had for our Christmas eve dinner we have each year.

Normally New Years is a time we would get bags of potato chips and pig out that day. We did not have one chip this year and in fact the only treat we had was a piece of cheesecake we had left over from the Christmas dinner. Even that was too much and I tossed half of the piece I had away.

We are just now starting on our big project for the year and that is to remodel the house. At least we are going to redo the laundry room, small bathroom off the laundry room, my ham shack, the family room and the kitchen. Mostly all we plan on doing is painting and putting in new flooring. We will be modifying the kitchen cabinets and getting some new appliances but basically like the other rooms it will be painting the walls and putting down new flooring.

We are going to use venial flooring in the laundry room because of having so many wet things in there we were afraid that wood would warp so we went with venial flooring. We are also thinking about replacing the ceramic tile in the kitchen with the same kind of flooring we plan on using in the laundry. The family room will probably have hardwood.


I have a lot of work to do and I hope I have the energy to do it all and get the house back in shape for another 40 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment